Volunteer Registration for this event will open Friday, Sep. 2, 2016
Join the SAITennial Squad to prepare and serve supper to the clients at the Calgary Drop In Centre. Dinner prep volunteers will arrive earlier and assist with kitchen duties including food preparation, chopping, slicing, buttering, assembling, pouring, and more. Dinner service volunteers will help plate the food and serve the meal directly to the clients at their tables.
You are invited to come for the prep and stay to serve, but if you can’t come early we would love to see you for the service portion!
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016
Time: 4 - 7 PM
4 – 6 pm – dinner prep
6 – 7 pm – dinner service
Number of volunteers required: 25
Location: Calgary Drop In Centre – 1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE
Registration opens: Friday, Sep. 2, 2016
Registration closes: Friday, Nov. 25, 2016
- Registration will close earlier if the maximum registration numbers have been met
- Prep – children must be a minimum of 10 years of age and 4’6” tall to volunteer
- Service – children must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate
- All children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult from their group at all times
- This position will require volunteers to stand for the duration and interact with people of different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- For safety reasons, please inform of us if you or any of your guests have physical or mental limitations which may affect their visit
- Refreshments will not be provided, please feel free to bring your own sealable beverage container
- Additional waivers may be required to participate in this event
To learn more about the Drop In Centre, please visit their website: The DI
*You are invited to register up to five (5) guests to volunteer with you. If you have a larger group, please call Jodi Currie at 403-774-5434 prior to registering and we will see if we are able to accommodate everyone.
For additional information, please contact:
Volunteer Coordinator, Centennial Project
E: [email protected]