Click on the Registration button (left) to register
for this event.
The SAITennial Squad has the opportunity to make a huge difference in the life of a senior in our community through the City of Calgary “Paint the Town” program!
The “Paint the Town” program is run by the City of Calgary Seniors Services to assist low income seniors with exterior painting and minor repairs – at no cost to the senior. The “Paint the Town” project was launched to support seniors who cannot afford, or are physically unable, to maintain their residence. The spirit of the project reflects the desire of seniors to stay in their own homes and communities and is vital to maintain independence and well-being.
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 (following is Thursday back up date)
Time: to come (typically 9 am – 3 pm)
Number of volunteers required: 25*
Registration opens: Friday, March 3, 2017
Registration closes: Friday, May 29, 2017
- Registration will close earlier if the maximum registration numbers have been met
- Participants must be 18 years or older
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory
- Related skills that are helpful but not mandatory:
- A commitment to respecting the client and their confidentiality
- Handy with tools
- Prepared for physically demanding work and a general knowledge of home maintenance issues
- The ability to have fun
- Lunch, snacks and some beverages will be provided, please bring a water bottle and let us know of any dietary concerns (vegetarian, celiac) as we may not be able to accommodate all restrictions
- As we will be outside, please dress for the weather, including hat, sunscreen, insect repellant, coat
- Clothing should be appropriate for painting
- Additional waivers may be required to participate in this event
For more information on the 'Paint the Town' project, please visit the City of Calgary website: Paint the Town
*You are invited to register up to five (5) guests to volunteer with you. If you have a larger group, please call Jodi Currie at 403-774-5434 prior to registering and we will see if we are able to accommodate everyone.
For additional information, please contact:
Volunteer Coordinator, Centennial Project
E: [email protected]