Registration for this event is full.
Please consider joining one of our other
SAIT-led 100 Projects Project events
Join the SAITennial Squad and be part of constructing a Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta home. Volunteers will come together for a fun, rewarding, and truly unique experience. You will take part in the construction of a Habitat home, and learn more about the impact being made right here in our community.
Date: April 2017 (exact date to come)
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm approximately (exact times to come)
Number of volunteers required: 12*
Location: Habitat for Humanity build site (exact location to come)
Registration Opens: Friday, Dec. 14, 2016
Registration Closes: Friday, April 21, 2017
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- Work clothes are mandatory - such as long pants made of heavier material (jeans, Carharrts, or like). Shorts are not permitted on build sites. Avoid baggy or loose clothing as they create a safety hazard. It's highly recommended that you dress in layers
- Volunteers are welcome to wear their own safety boots and gloves. Safety gear, such as CSA approved steel-toe boots and hardhats, will be provided to those without
- Builds go rain or shine, please dress for the weather and be prepared to be outside
- This position will require volunteers to take part in a day of physical labour which can include, but is not limited to, standing, lifting, bending, and twisting
- Lunch, snacks and limited beverages will be provided. There will be a water trailer onsite, please bring your own water bottle
- Additional waivers may be required to participate in this event
- Bring yourself and lots of enthusiasm!
To learn more about Habitat for Humanity Southern Alberta, visit their website: Habitat for Humanity
*You are invited to register up to five (5) guests to volunteer with you. If you have a larger group, please contact Jodi Currie (below) prior to registering to see how we can accommodate everyone.
For additional Information, please contact:
Volunteer Coordinator, Centennial Project
E: [email protected]